What if you are working on the software and suddenly it stops with the error message that states “Quickbooks won’t open”. You might feel irritated and agitated by witnessing the nightmare that Quickbooks just shows to you. Well, we can really feel your state. That’s why we try to help you with the easiest solutions to remove this irritable error. So, now move into this complete guide, and let’s get acquainted with the software of .
VPN is safe and secure to use which provides privacy while accessing the internet. There are several types of VPN software that you can install on your devices such as Windows, Mac OS X, Linux etc. In addition to this software, there are also websites offering free VPN services where you can enjoy browsing privately without anyone knowing what sites you’ve visited nor from which country do you access the internet from internetprivatsphare. This type of service is available for free since its main purpose is make online users feel secured when they’re transferring data over the net.
Quickbooks won’t Open
Quickbooks won’t open or Quickbooks does not start is not that critical error as you assume. Many different users report this error that makes it a common error. So, you don’t need to feel blue that you are the only one facing this issue. It might arise in the system due to some technical glitches and other factors. You can make a step ahead into the next section to know about all those causes that invite this nasty situation.
Why Won’t Quickbooks Open: Reasons to Know
The user cannot access the company file because of several reasons that are listed below:
- Some report issues within the company file.
- Unknowingly using an inappropriate method to open the QB file.
- If the company name is beyond the set characters then it leads to the error.
- Not using the up-to-date version of Quickbooks.
- It can be that file that is opened in a multi-user network on another system.
- Some of the programs bring corruption to the company file.
- If the QBWUSER.INI file gets damaged and lost.
- Improper functions of Quickbooks desktop installation.
- A damaged windows operating system can be the last cause of this error.
Signs to Detect Quickbooks won’t open the company file
Every error brings some symptoms into the device. We need to identify them in order to resolve the error in the quickest way. Talking about this error then here are the signs:
- If you have not installed Quickbooks in a proper manner.
- The system freezes periodically.
- The company file cannot be opened even after performing so many attempts.
- Witnessing an error message that shows Quickbooks won’t open.
- Mouse and keyboard inputs become unacceptable.
So, these all are the basic knowledge of Quickbooks won’t open. After reading this, you will become quite eligible to perform the further task of troubleshooting. So, now let’s move into the next section and resolve the error entirety on our own.
Solutions to Resolve Quickbooks won’t open
These are some of the best solutions that you can perform. Carry out the first solutions and move to others till the error resolves.
Solution 1: Delete or Rename QBWUSER.INI
- In the first place, you need to press the Windows + E button together.
- Then, move to the organize tab and hit folder and search options.
- After that click on the view tab.
- Next, select the advanced settings >> Hidden files and folders and select Show hidden files and folders.
- Just hit the OK button.
- Moving on, you need to follow this series My Computer >> C: drive >> Documents >> Your user name >> Local settings >> Application data >> Intuit >> Quickbooks Year.
- When you finish all these processes, perform a right-click on the QBWUSER.INI file and select the delete and rename option.
Solution 2: Close the QBW32.exe process
- To initiate, pick the Windows taskbar through right-click and choose Start Task Manager.
- In the next step, hit the Process option and select the Image name header.
- Now, try to locate the QBW32.EXE and right-click on it to end the process.
Solution 3: Use Quickbooks Tool Hub to Run Quick Fix My Program
Quickbooks tool hub is a very popular tool among the users of Quickbooks as it instantly fixes error issues. In order to Run Quick Fix my program, you need to first download and install the tool hub. After completing the process, follow some more steps below:
- Firstly, hit twice on the tool hub icon to open it.
- From the corner list, go to the Program problems.
- And now just choose Quick Fix my Program.
- Once done with all these, wait for a few minutes and then access Quickbooks to open the data file.
Solution 4: Use Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Quickbooks Tool Hub has many other stupendous tools rather than just Quick Fix my Program and Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool. So, it is recommended that if you are not aware of the tool then try it at once and fall in love with the tool.
- Once downloaded the Quickbooks Tool Hub from the official site of Intuit, you need to press the installation issues.
- After that, just press Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Try to reboot the system when the QBInstall tool finishes the process.
- At last, open the company file.
Solution 5: Use the different folder to access the Company File
- To begin, press the Windows + E button together.
- After that look for the data file that has a .qbw extension.
- Now, perform a right-click on the company file and click on the Copy option.
- Moving on, try to spot the C: Drive and create a new folder.
- Label the new folder as QBTEST.
- Just access the QBTEST folder and paste the company file at it.
- Next access the Quickbooks accounting software and press the CTRL-key.
- Tap on Open or Restore an existing company and verify the C:/QBTEST folder which is created earlier.
- In the final step, you need to open the company file that is copied in the QBTEST folder.
With this, we end the article here. Hopefully, all your doubts will fade away after reading this elaborated guide. If you want to enlighten yourself more then don’t hesitate to talk to the Quickbooks customer care team on a call. They will feel happy like us by helping you with the software.