Quickbooks accounting software is full of rich features that enhance the quality and compatibility of software for its users. Through Quickbooks, a user can easily maintain the accounting and bookkeeping activities of a business. This software makes a record of each and every transaction along with calculating tax. QB software is one such software that makes life easier for accountants and also helps its users to deliver premium quality work. But sometimes a glitch or issue makes the whole experience futile for the user. That’s why Intuit develops several tools to resolve all those issues or errors from the system in a second without any hassle. Today the discussion will be on the QuickBooks File Doctor.
What is QB File Doctor?
Quickbooks File Repair is designed and marketed by Intuit to fix company file issues as well network connectivity errors within the system. This tool is very easy to use and the scanning mechanism of this tool determines the error in no time.
When QB users start facing different types of errors within Quickbooks they decided to design a powerful tool that can fix distinctive issues with one tool and they created Quickbooks File doctor Software used in . QB desktop may be affected by a variety of issues, but if the system has experienced a network issue or a 6000 series error, which indicates that the company file has been destroyed, Quickbooks file repair can assist users in determining the error in a timely and hassle-free manner.
When the connection between two parties establishes, it makes an encrypted tunnel so nobody can access what’s being transferred within this ‘tunnel’. Data transfer through VPN is routed through its private network off-campus or local area network or LAN which makes data movement secure and fast using its encryption technology of internetetsecurite. Using this technique, internet connection becomes more secure because no one can sniff what you’re transferring between your computer and another computer that connects with your device.
Type Of Error Fixed Through File Doctor Quickbooks
However, Quickbooks has encountered several new errors every day but some of the major ones can easily be removed through QB File Doctor.
- Damaged or Corrupted Company File
- 6000 Series Errors
- Network connectivity Error i.e. H101, H202, H303, H505
- Blank or missing customer list or vendor list from the company file
File doctor can fix all above the errors, but you have to download and install the software on your system first. If you have already installed the tool on your system in the past then before applying the further steps to install the tool, you have to remove it first.
How To Download and Install the Tool on the System?
You have the in-built QBFD in the QuickBooks software pack if you are using the QuickBooks Desktop version of 2016 or later editions.
Note: For the framework configuration of the QuickBooks File Doctor, you must have the.NET framework installed on your system.
So, to install the external version follow the below steps:
- Go to the official site of Intuit to download the tool
- Now save the downloaded file on the system and then run it on qbfd.exe to begin the installation process
- Now accept the terms and conditions page to complete the installation
- After the installation completes, the tool opens itself.
- Or if the tool does not get open then go to the stars button
- Then type File doctor within the search box
- And select the QB file doctor option in the search result to open it.
Fix damaged Company File Error Through FIle Doctor Quickbooks
1: Stand-Alone Version Of QuickBooks
- First, you have to open the File doctor on your screen
- Now, select your company file from the drop-down menu.
- If you can’t find it, use the Browse option to look for it on the hard drive directly.
- After that, pick the check file damage option before pressing the diagnostic file button.
- Your file is now in the procedure of locating the issue you encountered while operating in the company file.
- Just after the scan, the file doctor tool window displayed two alternatives for repairing the issue; select wisely.
- Option 1: If you’re getting the 6000 series error when you try to open your company file, and it is damaged.
- Option 2: If you’re getting H101, H202, H303, or H505 network problems
- Now you are required to select Option 1 to fix the Company file damaged error
- After that enter the Admin credentials in the located place
- In the next stage, you must choose one favorite option from two possibilities once more.
- Workstation Option: If you’re working on a client’s computer and the QuickBooks Company file is saved there, choose the Workstation option.
- Server Option: If you’re working on a client’s computer and the QuickBooks Company file isn’t kept on the computer, you can use the server option.
- If you’re working on QuickBooks Server now, Make a decision and choose “Yes”,
- if you’re working on a QuickBooks Workstation, you may choose the choice “No”
- After you’ve completed all of the steps, QuickBooks Doctor will begin fixing the business file. This can take some time, so be patient and wait.
- The consumption of time taken by QBFD to resolve the issue is entirely dependent on the file’s size, network speed, and the complexity of the company file’s issues.
- QBFD will send you a notification “successfully”.
- Now close the QB File Doctor and open the company file to verify whether the issue gets resolved or not.
2: QB File Doctor Within QB Tool Hub
- After the successfully installed, simply double-click on the icon to launch it.
- You’ll see a structured box with several vertical tabs on it.
- Under the home option, select the second tab, Company File Issue.
- If you look at the tab, you’ll notice a header called Fix My Company File.
- Later on, you’ll see a green button labeled Run QuickBooks File Doctor, which you should click.
- Now, from the menu, choose the file that you want to fix.
- To begin the scanning process, enter the administrator credentials and click next.
- Once the scanning completes, a notification pops up that the scanning process has been performed successfully on your system.
- Now you are good to go! Open the Company file and start your work again.
Hopefully, the information and the whole problem-solving procedure are helpful for you and you can fix the company file damage issues with the help of this article. The Quickbooks file doctor can also fix another issue apart from a damaged company file.